“I always want to dream.” (Kacia from Kacia+Robot) That pretty much sums up our next guest’s outlook on life. She’s a dreamer, a creative, a nurturer of the soul. She knits, she loves big and She Reads Truth. She also bakes! So, we invited her to join our 3rd Annual Cookie Exchange and we were so excited to receive her positive reply! Please welcome Kacia to the table.
I have an admission to make.
I’m not a big sweets person. I’m just more of a salt-snack girl.
Yes, there is a but…
I will always make cookies with my family. Because for me?
Making them together is the most important part.
It’s about making memories. It’s about breaking the rules for a day and eating too much sugar. It’s about passing on recipes from generation to generation: passing along the tradition and love.
I remember making these cookies each and every year. Usually we’d take turns each year choosing the frosting color and flavor–I mean, what kids can agree on something important as that??
After my mom had the frosting ready to go, she’d frost half of them as we’d look for a matching cookie–finding two cookies about the same size to sandwich together became an activity my sisters and I looked forward to every year.
- 1 ½ cup brown sugar
- ¾ cup butter
- 1 package (2 cups) chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 eggs
- 3 cups flour
- 1 ¼ teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- ½ cup soft butter
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon peppermint or vanilla extract
- ¼ cup milk – use only as needed
- food coloring
- Melt butter and brown sugar in pan, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat and stir in chocolate chips and water, stirring until melted.
- Beat in eggs, add dry ingredients and mix well.
- Roll into small balls and flatten (roughly the size of a quarter) and place on cookie sheet.
- Bake 350° F for 8-10 minutes.
- Put 2 cookies together and frost with frosting.
- Then eat, eat, eat! I personally love to freeze these cookies and enjoy 1 or 2
- (or 3 or 4…) with a cup of coffee. I hope you love them!
What are some of your favorite cookie traditions? Be sure to link up and share!
Kacia is a natural blonde, type-A and an artist: proof that God has a sense of humor. A displaced Wisconsin girl, she and her little family are city-living in Pittsburgh. She is wife to Andy and momma to Harlow London. You can find her writing and ramblings at Coconut Robot, along with her art and accessories. She is co-founder of She Reads Truth and totally addicted to instagram. [@CoconutRobot for both Twitter and Instagram!]
TO ENTER COOKBOOK JOURNAL GIVEAWAY: