My husband brought this beauty of a vintage frame home from a renovation job he was doing and I decided to turn it into a cork board for my office.
Here is what you will need to make your own Vintage Cork Board:
Vintage Frame…I prefer one that is ornate and has character
1/2 inch Cork (measure the inside of the frame and order to size)…I ordered this over the internet. For my large frame, it cost about $50.
Sheet of Plywood
4-6 Flat Brackets
8-12 1/2 inch Wood Screws
Picture Hanging Wire Kit…make sure it can handle the weight of your frame
1. Spray frame the color you desire. Let dry completely.
2. Cut plywood to the size of the back opening of the frame.
3. Use a t-square ruler to measure and cut the cork with a sharp exacto knife.
4. Attach cut plywood to the back of the frame using the flat brackets to secure. Attach one half of bracket to frame and the other half to plywood. Screw into place.
5. Fully cover the plywood with liquid nails.
6. Press cork board on top, pressing gently, yet firmly to stick. This will dry relatively quickly.
7. Attach picture hanging eye hooks approximately 1/3 down from the top of the frame, on the back to the plywood.
8. Measure from eye hook to eye hook. Take that number and multiply by two. Cut the wire to fit. String wire through one eye hook, then through the other and twist the ends around themselves until secure. Cut off excess.
Hang your Vintage Cork Board and prepare to organize!
This How To Make a Vintage Frame Cork Board Project was linked to the Fall Project Party over at Censational Girl & Tutes & Tips at Home Stories A2Z & I Gotta Create!. We think the colors of the cork and bright red inspire the feeling of fall. The cork board could greet your guests at your front door or for a party. You could pin on a menu or your fall to-do list. We hope you are inspired! It’s F’all Y’all!