￼Whenever the cold, snowy, grey winter weather gets us down, we head on over to our next guest’s table. Shari, from Tickled Red is always giving us a glimpse of sand and waves and capturing her laid back lifestyle with her surfer husband and her
two monkeys boys. Shari’s outlook on life and the food that she serves is always full of sunshine and simple enjoyments. She’s creative, funny and well, we just like having her at our table.
Who said Christmas cookies always have to be chocolate or peppermint?￼
No one which is why the boys and I treat the holidays as an opportunity to experiment with exciting new cookie flavors for our family and friends. These sweet tropical cookies are in homage to our dear Surferboy who is still stuck working in the Caribbean for another week.
Their hint of pineapple and coconut allow us to pretend that we are strolling down white powder beaches along side clear turquoise waters with dad.
Once topped with decadent cream cheese frosting and bites of pineapple there’s no turning back. These cookies are not only kid friendly but can be enjoyed during any special occasion.
Enjoy and happy holidays from our Family to yours!
Shari, Surferboy and The Monkeys
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup cake flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup butter (room temperature)
- 1½ cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup pineapples (crushed and drained)
- 1 cup coconut
- 2 packages cream cheese, at room temperature
- 2 sticks unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 4 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- In a large mixing bowl sift together the flour, baking soda and salt, set aside.
- Cream together with an electric mix on medium speed the butter and sugar, adding each egg separately until combined. Add the pineapple. Begin to add the flour mixture in one cup at a time until well blended. Mix in the coconut.
- Drop cookies onto a greased cookie sheet by spoonfuls approx. one inch apart.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until golden. Remove and cool on a wire rack.
- Frost with cream cheese and top with fresh pineapple or dried pineapple.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the flat beater, beat the cream cheese on medium speed until smooth and fluffy, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the butter and continue to beat for 2 to 3 minutes more. Incorporate the confectioners’ sugar 1 cup at a time and beat until smooth until no lumps of sugar are visible. Add the vanilla and beat until thoroughly combined.
Shari is the founder and writer of Tickled Red~Eat.Laugh.Surf. She is the wife of a competitive surf coach and mother of two groms (aka very active boys) in Wilmington, NC. Tickled Red is a collaborative home away from home where she and the guys enjoy sharing their love of family and coastal living through food, photography and stories. Everyday is an adventure when you’re living an impromptu surf life.
TO ENTER COOKBOOK JOURNAL GIVEAWAY:
Head over to LoveFeast Shop. Pick your favorite cover of our new Cookbook Journal. Then leave a comment on