Kristin and I have a little saying called “breathing the dust” — and by this I don’t mean flour dust…I mean more like pixie dust. Dust that when you breathe it in, makes you dream crazy things. Dust that makes you believe crazy things. Dust that makes you do crazy things. Things you barely have time to do because the laundry is piling up, and you drive in your van running kids all day long.
This dust makes you dream things you are technologically underdeveloped to do. But, you do it anyway. But, sometimes it makes you want to whack things.
Occasionally, you just want to toss your dream away.
You feel like your brain has been flattened out, your feet in the fire.
But, then something like a good idea, falls from above.
Again, things look greener, more beautiful.
And, definitely better when divided and shared.
Grilled Pizza Recipe
1 pizza dough from Trader Joes (or make your own…I use to, but found it just as good and easier to buy)
Assortment of Ingredients:
Oven roasted tomatoes
Roasted Red Peppers
Garlic cream sauce
Italian Sausage (pre cooked)
Marinated Flank Steak (pre grilled)
These are some of our favorites…but there are so many more to use!
1. Fire up the grill, get it good and hot.
2. Roll out and slap out, Trader Joe’s Pizza Dough to desired size.
3. Have all your ingredients handy right by the grill.
4. Place dough on oiled grill for 3-5 minutes.
5. Flip the dough, add the ingredients you want on top, close the lid to your grill and cook another 3-5 minutes.
6. Pull pizza off the grill and slice.
Sometimes for dinner parties, we cut dough into thirds, give every guest their own pizza dough, they go down an assembly line picking out their ingredients and stand next to the grill man (or lady) to help make their own individual. This is a huge crowd pleaser!